OH YES its HERE - Happy Hay Days & Canada Day
Fri Jun 24, 10:27 AM
WOW the Hay Days Committee has worked hard putting togetrher a GREAT Hay Days / Canada Day Celebration for the community.
Here are just a few of the highlights
- 8:00am Breakfast at the Legion
- Wading Pool in the park
- Inflatable Bouncing Toys
- a GREAT Classic Car Show at the United Church - this is always a big event
- BBQ and Strawberry Shortcake at the United Church
- 1:00pm Canada Day Parade - be part of it
- Carnival in the Park - Games - Rides
- The Tin Shop Museum will be open along with the Craft Shop woth Tea on the Deck
- Welcome Ceremonies and Cake
- K9 High Flyiers - dog show
- 4:30pm - 6:00pm Supper at hte Community Hall
- Tug of War - this is fun
- River Haze Concert in the park
- 10:00pm - a GREAT Fire Works display - our Fire Department puts on one of the best shows in the region
Everyone is invited to come and enjoy a great day Celebrating our Community and our Country
Would You Support a New Curling Rink in East Hants?
Thu Jun 09, 6:34 AM
A group has gone to East Hants Council asking for Municipal Support (Tax Dollars) to build a new Curling Rink in East Hants. Our Region 4 / Shubenacadie Councillor Pam MacInnis is wanting to better understand the desires of the community for this project. We are posting a Curling Survey on the website and would ask you to take a few minutes and show your level of interest in this project and whether or not you would support having a small amount added to your taxes each year for it.
The Survey is asking if you and or your family curl of if you would take up curling if a new facility were built in the area. This is a great way to gather concencess and provide Councillor Pam the feelings of her constituents.
Please take a few minutes and fill out the survey. It shouild be up on this site June 9 or 10... for about 10 or 12 days.